Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a driven, organised and proactive person to lead the Fermentation group in the Preclinical Development Team of a Cambridge based company. You will contribute to a new class of medicines in a busy biotech facility.
You will be responsible for in-house fermentation of multiple anaerobic gut bacteria that comprise the medicine, characterising and optimising their growth and providing support for upstream and downstream method development and optimisation.
* Leading a small team, develop fermentation processes to produce live bacterial therapeutics comprising multiple bacterial strains
* Performing anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from microtiter plates to small fermenters
* Maintaining an awareness of latest technologies and equipment for incorporation into company labs
* Optimising media for growth of physiologically diverse bacteria
* Equipment maintenance
* Ensuring detailed records of experiments are kept, suitable for supporting regulatory filings.
* Supporting process transfer to CDMOs
* PhD in a relevant discipline (Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering with focus on fermentation and cell harvest) or experience in equivalent closely related discipline
* At least 5 years post-doctoral experience in a bioprocess development environment utilising fermentation technology
* Experience of optimising biotech processes and methodologies
* Ability to rigorously plan and accurately document research activities
* A high level of leadership and initiative.
* A team worker with willingness to contribute flexibly as required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* You must be legally entitled to work in the UK
The following would be highly beneficial:
* Experience of leading small teams
* Experience of using Design of Experiments (DOE)
* Previous experience working with a microbiome therapeutic or probiotic development company
* Expertise in handling and culturing anaerobic bacteria
* Experience of developing processes for subsequent application in GMP manufacture
* Experience of process technology transfer to external companies
* Experience of freeze drying of bacteria
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32025 ]