Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are seeking an experienced Scientist with a background in Physics for a company based near Huntingdon. You will work on organic photodetector research, to evaluate novel materials and architectures and to propose novel approaches to enhance device specifications.
In this role you will co-ordinate experiments, fabricate devices and conduct optical and electrical characterisations, together with the analysis of results to enhance fundamental understanding of OPD devices and to develop key IP.
* Ideally, you will hold a PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline. Alternatively a degree in Physics with equivalent research experience gained within an industrial or academic environment would be acceptable.
* You must have experience in electronics, optoelectronics and/or semiconductor device physics and ideally exposure to research focussed on developing and demonstrating materials for new technology applications. * Experience of using materials in prototype device structures, to demonstrate desired functional properties, and of identifying and developing theoretical models and implementing them alongside experimental work would be beneficial.
* You must be proficient in device characterisation using relevant test equipment and able to develop novel techniques to improve understanding and capabilities.
* You must have experience in fabricating devices in a cleanroom environment and the ability to follow standard procedures to ensure control and traceability.
* You will be able to analyse results, draw conclusions and clearly communicate conclusions and recommendations.
* You will be a highly motivated individual, methodical and with excellent problem-solving skills who will thrive in a fast paced and stimulating research environment.
[ Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31977 ]