Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Consultant Electronic Engineer to work for a prestigious company near Royston, Herts. You will work in a wide range of application areas designing advanced sensing, control and wireless communication technologies and integrating them into products.
You will be involved in all stages of technology and product development including invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototype design, laboratory testing, process development, and manufacturing.
Your solutions must be ready for high volume manufacture. They could be implemented using conventional high-density, multilayer PCB technology, or integrated as a SiP using microfabrication techniques.
Your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will contribute to and lead ambitious projects, working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. Your project planning skills and judgment will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member's insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients and, with experience, develop valuable new business opportunities.
* A first or 2:1 in electronic engineering or a related discipline from a world-class university.
* A hands-on attitude - you enjoy taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test using rapid prototyping techniques.
* Insatiable curiosity - whether it's new technology or how a business makes money, you dig deeper to generate valuable insight
* Communication skills - you enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others and explaining why it matters to them.
* Drive - you take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
Candidates with greater experience will increasingly fulfil these additional requirements:
* Leadership - you build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others' interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
* Insight - you demonstrate technical and commercial insight and the ability to apply these to development decisions, and to uncovering commercial opportunities.
* Initiative - you take action to exploit opportunities - whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise - and make the most of them.
This role is open to applicants at any career stage, from recent graduate to experienced professional.
* You will be expected to demonstrate the essential requirements even at the start of your career. You CV will show how your extra-curricular activities or internship help demonstrate your wider potential.
* A few years into your career you will have a demonstrable track record, but still have plenty of scope to develop. You CV should illustrate your achievements.
* As an experienced professional, you will be able to demonstrate your technical and commercial impact. You should show how you can expand existing capabilities or build new areas of business.
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31436 ]