Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced business manager to join a successful team within a Cambridge based company to grow their Defence and Security business, particularly with UK Government clients. You will have a successful track record of engaging with clients to develop custom work programmes in response to specific client needs and a detailed knowledge of the challenges and opportunities that face clients.
* You will be responsible for all aspects of business development for an area of the UK Government Defence and Security market, working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff.
* Identify key individuals within client organisations that could be potential clients
* Identify sales opportunities, work with and guide our technical teams to maximize sales conversion
* Personally close substantial sales
* Develop strong commercial relationships with key individuals within client and potential client organisations to enable further sales opportunities
* Maintain and build a deep domain knowledge
* Interact with teams across the whole company in order to bring the best technology to our clients to solve their problems
* An excellent first degree or PhD in engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science
* Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and complex problems
* Proven business development skills and experience
* Good communication skills
* Significant experience in an R&D or design role
* Proven success within a business development role in a similar environment
Previous experience of working in a consultancy, government agency or other 'fee for service' organisation would be an advantage along with experience of delivering server side software or enterprise systems.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures.
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31035 ]