Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Radar Systems Engineer to support ongoing development of surveillance radars for a company based on the South Cambridgeshire / North Essex border.
You will be a key member of the team taking responsibility for the system design of the radar including specifying the hardware architecture, RF performance characteristics, waveform design and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms. You will take ownership of the existing radar models and will develop and extend them to add new features and capabilities to the radar. Responsibilities will also include radar trials analysis and preparation of antenna calibration data for the range of radars.
With a good mathematics, engineering or physics degree combined with practical experience of radar or communication system design you will use variety of PC based software tools in the course of your work, including tools for mathematical analysis.
* Mathematics, engineering or physics degree
* Strong mathematical and analytical skills
* Industry experience of radar or communication system design
* Understanding of the radar equation and its influence on radar architecture, waveform design and signal processing methods
* Knowledge of real-world radio effects (e.g. multipath, weather, clutter)
* Use of Matlab, Mathcad or similar
* Proficiency in a high-level programming language
* Self-motivated and organised with good time management skills
* Excellent communication skills
The following would be an advantage:
* Familiarity with microwave waveguide structures and electromagnetic (EM) simulation
* Experience of patent preparation
* Active involvement in the radar industry (seminars, generating papers etc)
* Willingness and ability to travel overseas
[ South Cambs / North Essex, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31014 ]