Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are seeking an experienced Biochemist to join our client based on the Cambs / Herts border. If you have an interest in developing new antibody-based technologies and want to work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and other scientists, then this role presents a great opportunity to advance your career. You will work as an Antibody Protein Engineer and Assay Development Specialist.
You will have excellent academic credentials in antibody engineering (for example involving bi-specifics, receptor binding site engineering, or grafting) and substantial experience in the development of multiple assay types, ideally in a commercial setting.
Qualifications and Training
* PhD in biochemistry, or a related field, with a focus on protein engineering.
* Several high-impact publications, ideally in protein science applied to antibody engineering and assay development.
Skills and Experience
* Curiosity, creativity and an ability to connect dots others don't see
* You enjoy creating novel solutions at the molecular level to complex biomedical challenges
* First-hand experience in advanced biomedical techniques for protein biochemistry, such as chemical modification, recombinant technologies, structure-function correlation or site-specific conjugation technologies
* Strong capabilities in antibody development for use with different assay technologies, e.g. high-sensitivity ELISAs, high-throughput assays and point of care lateral flow tests, or with signal enhancement technologies or for cellular tests
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including with non-scientists
* Significant problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently
* Interest in business and enterprise, including intellectual property, and ideally an awareness of commercial trends and opportunities in Life Sciences
* Demonstrated success in scientific leadership or commercial exposure would be an advantage
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 30788 ]