We are looking for an experienced Technician to work in the Prototype Development Workshop of a Cambridge based company. You will apply a wide range of craft skills to the manufacture of prototype components, including assembling jigs for a variety of projects.
Apprenticeship trained you will have experience of working in an engineering workshop environment.
* Manufacture of one off and low volume parts in a wide range of plastic and metal materials
* Facilitating the manufacture of components at external sub-contractors
* Manufacture and assembly of jigs and fixtures
* Modification to existing parts and devices for development
* Assistance to other engineers in development of their rigs and products
A range of craft skills in metalwork including drilling, manual milling and turning
A conscientious and methodical approach to work
An ability to work to defined deadlines
Good communication skills with the ability to convey both technical and non-technical ideas
A good approach to working in a team
An understanding of safe working practices in a machine shop environment
[ Cambridge,, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 29794 ]