Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Our client based near Royston, Herts is looking to recruit a Consultant Mechanical Engineer. We’re looking for someone with a very good understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, but also a good working understanding of other fields of engineering and science such that you can architect and optimise complex systems. This role offers the opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most interesting technology advances in the life sciences industry. You will work effectively in teams of scientists and engineers, taking on a significant level of design responsibility from the outset. The nature of the work in life science often involves complex systems optimisation; your numeracy and broader understanding of science and other engineering disciplines will be a key asset. As an example, a typical system development might involve control of biology, fluidics, dynamic mechanisms, optics and high-speed signal processing. An excellent salary and benefits are on offer!
What We’re Looking For:
* Excellent academic credentials, including a 1st or Upper 2nd class Mechanical Engineering degree
* A solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles.
* You’ll enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to complex technical challenges.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Curious, imaginative and creative with strong problem solving skills.
* Good low level analytical capability.
* Knowledge of biology, bio-instrumentation and / or molecular diagnostics would be a bonus
* Familiarity with ISO 13485 and regulated development processes would be a plus
* Any experience (or potential) for project leadership would be advantageous
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 29292 ]