Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Location: Cambridge (CB4)
Hours: 8:30am until 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000
Job Reference: 34354
Polytec are looking for a Senior Optical Engineer for our Cambridge based client. The role will cover all stages of product development, from requirements definition through concept generation, detailed design, prototyping and transfer to manufacture
* Development of next generation telecom products
* The role will cover all stages of product development, from requirements definition through concept generation, detailed design, prototyping and transfer to manufacture
* Developing experimental test systems to support the design and qualification of constituent optical components, such as waveguides, lenses, waveplates, gratings and spatial light modulators
* Design, procurement and qualification of optical sub-systems and experimental rigs
* Degree in physics or engineering, and substantial post-graduate experience in optical system development, in industry or academia. A relevant PhD will be considered as qualifying experience.
* Experience in the principles of free-space optical design, fibre-coupled IR systems and optical relays
* Familiar with a variety of analytic and numerical optical modelling techniques, including Zemax (or equivalent) and practical experience with a variety of optical systems
* Experience with spatial light modulators, either liquid-crystal-on-silicon (LCoS) or MEMS, and of free-space optical beam steering
Please contact us as soon as possible for more details or apply below!
We will respond to successful applicants within a couple of days.
[ Cambridge, Salary range: £45,000 to £55,000 | vacancy reference : 34354 ]