Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Location: Saffron Walden (CB11)
Hours: 8:30am until 5pm (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Up to £60,000
Job Reference: 34209
Polytec are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for our Saffron Walden based client supporting the continuous improvement of a growing range of innovative products.
* Managing and delivering product improvement projects
* Mechanical and electromechanical design upgrades at component and system level using SolidWorks
* Provide quick and efficient engineering solutions to minimise assembly downtime
* Sourcing (materials, suppliers, sub-contractors)
* Risk analysis and mitigation of component and supplier bottlenecks
* Testing (establishing protocols, collecting, and analysing results)
* Planning and costing (project plans, timelines, budgeting)
* Degree in mechanical engineering
* At least 5 years' experience in an industrial or R&D environment with a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
* Continuous Improvement / product lifecycle management in an engineering environment
* Design experience including both mechanical and electronic system components
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
* Excellent knowledge of 3D SolidWorks
* Experience in sourcing materials from suppliers
* Late-phase product development and debugging experience
* IT literate familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Full driving license
Please contact us as soon as possible for more details or apply below!
We will respond to successful applicants within a couple of days.
[ Saffron Walden, Essex, Salary to: £60,000 | vacancy reference : 34209 ]