Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a motivated Graduate Mechanical Designer / Project Engineer with a creative, inventive mind to join a small, experienced and vibrant team in a company a few miles north of Cambridge. Initially you will work under the guidance of other engineers before moving on to manage individual customer projects from beginning to end. Although this is a temporary role, it has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
* Excellent Degree in Mechanical Design, Mechanical Engineering or Product Design Engineering or similar from a Russell Group University.
* Able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of CAD packages.
* Scientifically minded, seeks to attain reliable data from which to base decisions.
* A problem solver with proven ability to deconstruct complex problems.
* Passionate about good design, self-motivated, driven and ambitious
* Knowledgeable in a range of manufacturing / fabrication and finishing processes
* A mechanical designer with some workshop experience and an interest in making things
* Microsoft Office, Solidworks, Labview & Matlab all useful.
* Some opportunities for travel may be available in due course
* Delivering the mechanical design of products
* Helping to assess the mechanical feasibility of new concepts. From time to time this will involve use of simulation programs for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solutions.
* Working with existing company products
* You will be involved with research into new processes / technologies and contribute to process improvement initiatives in order to deliver the quality, ease of use and reliability that underpin the philosophy and customers' expectations.
* Interact with customers to provide technical solutions.
Potential areas for future development will include Flow Chemistry, Mechanical Design and Manufacture, CAD, CFD, Procurement, Sales and Marketing. Career progression may lead to Senior and Principal Engineering positions and beyond.
[ Cottenham, Cambridgeshire, Hourly rate: £neg. | vacancy reference : 33937 ]