Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Our client is looking to recruit a Software Validation Engineer to join their team a few miles north of Cambridge. You will work alongside their software development team to deliver all aspects of software testing on their innovative Performance Data Recorder.
* Plan, prepare and execute Software Verification and Validation testing.
* Writing technical reports to document the test processes and procedures performed in accordance with the appropriate standards to support approval for release.
* Perform on-bench and in-vehicle regression, new feature and stress testing prior to release.
* Identify and report any software issues to the development team (Azure DevOps).
* Develop test methodologies and maintain and develop equipment to facilitate testing (Vector, CANalyser, etc.)
* Work with the development teams to reproduce and investigate customer issues and assist in resolution.
* Learn and utilise new technologies.
* 2:1 bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. An applicant with significant on the job experience may also be considered.
* Experience with Software Validation testing processes and an understanding of automotive communication (CAN, Ethernet, Diagnostics).
* Experience with Automotive diagnostic tools (Vector CANOE or Intrepid Systems Vehicle Spy).
* Proven numerical and analytical skills.
* Strong communication and team working skills.
* Eye for detail and problem-solving ability.
* Experience with test automation and scripting or coding (Python, C#, C++, etc
* Experience of using software defect tracking and reporting systems, such as Azure DevOps.
* Use of hand tools, soldering and wiring.
* ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing
* Full valid UK drivers' license.
For more information, please contact Polytec today!
[ Cambridge,, Salary range: £40,000 to £60,000 | vacancy reference : 33858 ]