Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Principal Optomechanical Engineer to join a company in Cambridge to lead an expanding mechanical engineering team. The role will cover all stages of product development, from requirements definition through concept generation, detailed design, prototyping and transfer to manufacture. It will also include developing experimental test systems to support the design and qualification of individual components and sub-systems, both optical and mechanical.
* A strong degree in mechanical engineering or a related subject
* Extensive post-graduate experience in mechanical design (within industry or academia). A master's or PhD in mechanical engineering or a related discipline would be advantageous.
* Expert in analytical and numerical structural analysis, materials selection, 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks), and designing bespoke components for a variety of fabrication processes, including CNC machining and additive manufacturing
* Experience designing in high-performance alloys, polymers and ceramics
* Experience of transferring mechanically complex products into volume manufacture
* Line management experience or of mentoring junior colleagues
* Experience with packaging laser-based photonic systems, automated assembly techniques, and micromechanics or MEMS fabrication. Familiarity with audited quality management would also be advantageous.
For further details please get in touch.
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 33855 ]