Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Growth Scientist / Engineer with thin film growth experience and epitaxy to help progress the R&D activities of a company based just outside St Ives.
* Strong applied, hands on experimental capabilities
* Significant experience of R&D material deposition techniques with first-hand knowledge of at least one semiconductor production mechanism (PVD, CVD, MBE, ALD)
* Background in materials science, chemical engineering, physics with some knowledge of gas phase physics and/or chemical kinetics and/or plasma physics and/or fluid dynamics.
* Knowledge of materials development for device applications and device processing techniques
* Highly proactive with a considered and organised approach to tasks
* Qualification to PhD level, or degree paired with suitable experience
* Able to grasp scientific concepts quickly and apply these to your own work
* Ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback
* Ability to handle several on-going tasks and prioritise to organise own workload
* Able to work autonomously and make considered decisions
* Background in materials characterisation techniques, for example Raman spectroscopy AFM, Hall, PL, SEM, XRD, XPS and analysis of results allowing formulation of definitive conclusions
* Hands-on cleanroom experience with equipment including, electron-beam deposition, thermal evaporation deposition, lithography, reactive wet and dry etching
* Understanding of two-dimensional materials, technologies, device and applications
* Exposure to solid state device design
* Experience working in cross disciplinary teams
For further details , please get in touch.
[ St Ives, Cambridgeshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 33710 ]