Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Our client is a design consultancy based on the Cambridgeshire/Essex border. We're looking for an enthusiastic and flexible designer to enhance the company's mechanical design capability.
You'll have responsibility for the mechanical design elements of a wide range of projects and products both new and existing. This is a challenging role requiring a breadth of knowledge and experience rather than a narrow specialism. There may be some travel may be required in the UK and, occasionally, overseas.
What You'll Be Doing:
* You'll provide input into project proposals, create design schemes and concepts.
* Be responsible for creative and innovative designs using the PTC Creo 3D CAD tool.
* Hands-on development, including building prototypes and pre-certification testing of elements such as ingress protection sealing and/or mechanical integrity.
* Produce drawings and BoMs and provide input into manufacturing data packs. Engineering drawings to BS8888. Geometric tolerancing. Tolerance analyses.
* You'll be the technical lead at design reviews and provide technical support in client facing meetings.
* Taking a project from concept through to manufacturer hand-over, provide client support and deal with suppliers both locally and across the globe.
* Production of technical reports and presentations.
* Degree in Mechanical Design / Engineering, or a related discipline. Candidates with HNC/D may be considered, depending on experience.
* You'll be able to demonstrate understanding and experience of some or all of the following:
* 3D CAD, preferably Creo including documentation and revision control.
* Materials selection. Manufacturing and finishing processes.
* Use of sealing techniques to provide ingress protection against liquids and solids.
* Understanding of principles of EMC protection and rf isolation.
* Knowledge of thermal control using both passive and active methods.
* Corrosion prevention/protection.
* Working knowledge of mechanical strength; stress and strain, and torque forces.
* Understanding of good design for assembly both low and high-volume manufacturing processes.
* Working knowledge of diverse manufacturing process including injection-moulding, sand and die-casting, 3D Printing in multiple materials as well as practiced use of appropriate prototyping techniques.
* Knowledge of RF, Analogue & Digital layout techniques.
* Ability to integrate into and be a productive member of small project teams.
* Good communication skills, including technical communication; both oral and written.
* Ability to manage own time and work on a number of projects simultaneously.
* Experienced of working directly with UK and Overseas sub-contract manufactures
[ South Cambridgeshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 33621 ]