Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Software Engineer for a company based just south of Cambridge. You will specify, architect, develop and test new software functionality that will communicate with, configure and monitor various elements of existing company systems. You will work closely with engineering management and other software/hardware/RF engineering colleagues to ensure that high-quality software that enables the desired new product functionality is delivered in a timely manner. This is a great opportunity for an experienced software engineer comfortable working in a wireless product hardware development environment, to join a small, highly competent R&D team at the start of a new product development cycle.
* Good technical University degree in discipline such as Electronic/Computer Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
* Minimum of 5-10 years' of experience working as a software engineer in a product development environment
* Proven experience in embedded software development using C/C++, Linux OS and other common languages and tools
* Experience with the development of real time, multi-tasking, multi-process embedded systems
* Network programming experience including Ethernet, Internet Protocols and other data communications protocols
* Experience with microcontroller programming (e.g. PIC), and handling low level software-hardware interactions including interfaces such as GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART, USB
* Experience of the complete software development lifecycle from requirements capture to customer release
* Taking ownership of assigned tasks and accountability for results, including ability to work with minimal supervision
* Proactive in suggesting new ideas, and excellent engineering problem-solving skills
* Well organised and motivated to deliver the best solution for the business in a timely manner
* Experience supporting hardware product development and/or RF system measurements and testing
For further details please contact Polytec.
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 33367 ]