Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are seeking a collaborative and versatile Mechanical Design Engineer to contribute to the design and development of a diverse range of medical devices. A key element of the role includes design of complex interacting plastic mechanisms for high volume injection moulding and the challenge of packaging these mechanisms in the small spaces available for handheld devices.
For more information contact Polytec directly.
* Mechanical design experience of product or instrumentation development in a high technology industry
* Highly proficient in 3D CAD (ideally including SolidWorks)
* Experience in designing complex, interacting plastic mechanisms for high-volume injection moulding
* Innovative problem solving
* Wide range of design experience including products, assembly jigs, test equipment or instrumentation
* Excellent time management skills, able to balance priorities of multiple projects
* Able to present ideas through sketches, and ideally also animations or renderings
* Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
* Experience of sourcing off-the-shelf and custom parts and building relationships with and managing suppliers
* Hands-on ability to build, test and troubleshoot
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32812 ]