Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for a company based just outside Cambridge. You should have good qualifications and several years' experience in industry, ideally in a consultancy environment.
We are seeking a candidate with a high level of practical ability, proven technical skills and a genuine passion for engineering. As a key member of a growing design team you will work closely with team members and have the aptitude to grow with the business.
* Participate in the design, development and implementation of technically innovative and commercially competitive new products
* Support the maintenance and development of existing projects
* Produce and maintain technical documentation, including CAD drawings, costing data, technical construction files, design calculations, bills of materials, technical specifications, marketing information, test data etc.
* Liaise with clients, capture their requirements and prepare proposals.
You should have some or all of the following qualifications, experience & skills:
* Degree qualified in Engineering (1st / 2:1) or appropriate extensive relevant industry experience
* An in depth understanding of design for manufacture
* Skilled in preparing drawings and CAD models for manufacture
* Excellent understanding of a wide range of manufacturing techniques, materials and assembly processes
* Good problem solving skills and understand the fundamentals of root cause analysis
* Enthusiasm for innovation and creativity
* Strong creative and technical abilities in the following areas: Concept generation; System level design; Engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD (Solidworks / Creo);
* Prototyping and testing; Materials selection; Design for high and low volume manufacture
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft products
[ Cambridge,, Salary range: £30,000 to £45,000 | vacancy reference : 32625 ]