Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking to recruit a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to work in the busy R&D Hardware department of a company based just outside Cambridge.
This role encompasses a wide variety of tasks including feasibility studies for new products, circuit design, PCB layout, system integration type projects, maintenance of existing product designs, EMC and Low Voltage product approvals, and production support.
The technologies involved are also varied and include general radiometric (infrared) system design, digital design including FPGA's / CPLD's (language VHDL or Verilog), DSP and microprocessors, precision and video rate analogue design, optoelectronics, small motor control, and power supply design. Experience with SoC solutions would be a bonus.
In addition, you will be expected to contribute significantly to project development, both as a lead technical role and as project manager. Projects normally involve contributions from mechanical, software and production engineers and you must have familiarity / experience with these to be effective in a multidisciplinary team.
* Degree in Electronics or Physics (or equivalent)
* A good academic background with 'A' level grades of A or B
* A sound understanding of the technologies involved
* A demonstrable commitment to producing 'right first time' quality work is essential
* Ability and enthusiasm to find out about and work in new areas
* A flexible approach
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32420 ]