Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Prototype Development Technician to apply craft skills to the manufacture of prototype components, including assembling jigs for the wide range of projects across a Cambridge based company.
You will be using manual and CNC machines to manufacture one off and low volume parts for development of prototype products and systems. There is also a small welding bay and wiring bay.
This role will suit someone who has completed an apprenticeship with experience in an engineering workshop environment, who would like to develop their skills and experience further in a design and development environment.
* Manufacture of one off and low volume parts in a wide range of plastic and metal materials
* Facilitating the manufacture of components at external sub-contractors
* Manufacture and assembly of jigs and fixtures
* Modification to existing parts and devices for development
* Assistance to other engineers in development of their rigs and products
* Basic craft skills in metalwork including drilling, manual milling and turning
* A conscientious and methodical approach to work
* An ability to work to defined deadlines
* Good communication skills - able to convey both technical and non-technical ideas
* A good approach to working in a team
* An understanding of safe working practices in a machine shop environment
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32100 ]