Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Technical Manager to manage the Engineering team of a company based just outside Cambridge.
* Schedule engineer time both in and out of the office in terms of customer facing visits and office-based tasks to maintain customer satisfaction and core values
* Manage the priority of the "Software Support Issue" items and manage weekly meetings with the PC Software team to ensure timescales are met and conflicts resolved
* Write Technical documentation for a range of purposes, from software requirement specifications to customer facing user guides and technical magazine articles
* Contribute to Software development direction and represent customer feedback received.
* Attend conferences both as a network exercise and market observer, presenting technical background of company products when appropriate
* Assist production and repairs department to diagnose issues related to return products, and production enquiries regarding programming code and datasets
* Attend onsite visits to assist customers and deliver projects at customer facilities and trackside and provide feedback through internal reports
* Work with the commercial teams to understand customer enquiries and requirements to assist on project proposals and provide recommendations to the system architecture
* Work with the marketing team to continually develop online customer support presence utilising modern technology and interfaces
* Deliver training sessions both internally to colleagues and new employees, as well as externally to customers
* Qualified to degree level in a related engineering discipline
* Significant demonstrable expertise (typically equivalent to at least 8 years of experience) in using motorsport electronics systems such as engine control systems, data loggers and power management units including system configuration and data analysis
* Demonstrable expertise (typically equivalent to at least 3 years of experience) in managing a small team of engineers
* Ability to lead by example and to be driven by customer satisfaction and core values
* Proven numerical and analytical skills
* Strong communication and team working skills
* Eye for detail and problem-solving ability
* Ability to manage the work schedules and personnel requirements of a team of engineers that often work remotely
* Proven customer support experience including trackside working with appropriate safety consideration
* Ability to contribute and lead projects effectively, often involving other departments within the business
* Understanding of common motorsport data communication methods such as CAN, RS232 and Ethernet.
* Willingness to travel
The following would highly advantageous:
* Competent in Engine control and chassis systems.
* Management training qualifications.
* Knowledge of high-performance wiring design to military specifications.
* Experience working directly within a motorsport team at a high level. (e.g. F1, WRC, LMP, GTE)
* Understanding of Automotive communication methods such as LIN, Flexray and EtherCAT
* Appreciation of auto-coding and developing engine control strategies in Matlab/Simulink
[ Cambridge, Salary range: £37,000 to £41,000 | vacancy reference : 32061 ]