Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced Inventory Controller for a two-month booking starting as soon as possible. This could lead to a permanent post within the company. You will be based just outside Cambridge, with easy access from the A10 and Ely direction.
You will work alongside the Goods Inwards/Inventory team and need to have a positive and proactive attitude, an eye for detail and be willing to get involved with any task that comes your way.
* Accurately pick, pack and despatch all shipments out including small and pallet shipments
* Accurately update transactions onto the stock management system
* Ensure all inbound / outbound shipments are booked accordingly
* Co-ordinate supply chain procedures to maximise quality of delivery
* Maintain updated records of Master data as appropriate to role
* Provide information to customers about the status of their orders and help assist with any queries as a result
* Carry out stock counts as and when appropriate
* Plan and manage small volume stock to ensure FIFO and that the warehouse is both safe and tidy
* Promote to the team best practice in relation to the process
* To work and interact with suppliers, customers and all internal customers as required ensuring that clear lines of communication are maintained across multiple teams
* Assist Inventory Co-ordinator, Goods-In Co-ordinator, and other team members when needed to meet schedule
* Work with managers and team members to implement new strategies and initiatives
* Promote a culture of positive safety behaviours through your own actions as appropriate
* A natural communicator
* Physical stock management experience within a Stores / Goods Inwards / Despatch environment
* A can-do attitude and willingness to learn and take on new tasks
* A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
* A good understanding of import / export documentation
* Experience of communicating with customs offices worldwide (desired but not essential)
* Proven experience of working within a busy time sensitive environment, working under pressure
* Ability to effectively prioritise workload and juggle tasks accordingly
* Ability to create accurate reports in Excel
* An understanding of utilising a computer-based Stock management system within ERP
The role is likely to pay £10.25 - £12.80ph depending on experience.
[ Cambridge,, Hourly rate: £neg. | vacancy reference : 32036 ]