Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Chief Electrical / Electronic Technician to join a small team within a Cambridge based company. You will design and manufacture complex and novel electronic equipment using CAD packages.
* Design, develop, construct and maintain scientific instruments and electronic / electrical apparatus
* Advise members of the department on purchasing and sourcing of equipment and electronic / electrical components.
* Develop, construct, maintain scientific instruments and electronic / electrical / mechanical apparatus
* Fault diagnosis and repair to component level of scientific instruments and electronic / electrical / mechanical equipment
* Provide a service for portable appliance testing on the PAT database plus many other unregistered electrical items, to meet the HSE regulations and PAT policy
* Manage a budget and charge individual research groups for projects and work undertaken
* Manage two technicians and overall responsibility for health and safety of the workshops
* When required, assist the Senior Technical Officer in the design and development of electronic equipment for the advancement of individual research groups
* Educated to a minimum of HNC or equivalent in electrical or electronic engineering with a recognised period of practical training
* In depth knowledge and experience of electronics (covering digital, analogue, RF, high voltage and power) and electrical work (electrical circuitry and electronics, laboratory equipment and light mechanical operations)
* Experience of working in a workshop environment
* Experienced at equipment fault diagnosis and repair
* Good communication skills are essential to liaise with outside agencies as well as group leaders and research workers
* Good problem solving skills
* The use of PC application programs including Microsoft Office, CAD
* Some programming experience
* Ability to organise work and time.
* Management training and experience of managing a small team
[ Cambridge, Salary range: £28,000 to £34,000 | vacancy reference : 32011 ]