Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Consultant for a Cambridge based company to take on responsibility for significant client initiation and development, key client management, contract negotiation and overseeing successful project delivery. The role requires credible technology strategy leadership, communicating at C-level with client organisations. You will work within a multidisciplinary environment, with technical experts and those hands on in delivering innovative products and services as well as having a close working relationship with other members of the technology strategy team. We are looking for someone with a real mix of both technical and business development skills, who will be able to communicate with C-level executives in client organisations and help them consider new technologies and the capabilities the company has to offer.
The company are offering a generous salary and excellent benefits.
You will take responsibility for all aspects of business development for the team and be a senior contributor to projects, working alongside other business development, project management, technical staff and business analysts. Specific responsibilities are:
* Working with and guiding the dedicated business development team to maximise opportunities for the business consulting team
* Understanding client business and technical needs and communicating these clearly to the team
* Personally, close substantial sales
* Developing strong commercial relationships with senior client executives during project delivery to ensure expectation of quality and value of projects is met and shaping further sales opportunities
* Utilising market, technology and/or business consulting methodology knowledge to guide the technical team, informing strategy and internal investments
* Interacting with teams across the diverse market and technical base of the company
* You will use your strong business skills to help communicate what the company can deliver to potential clients.
* Your consulting skills will help you to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of business strategy projects, often working on more than one concurrently.
* Support the delivery of project work, often to facilitate discussion with senior executives.
* A degree / MBA in a business field or in a field of technical relevance
* Significant expertise and experience in either a management or technology consulting environment or have worked in an internal R&D strategy role.
* Demonstrable success in business strategy development / implementation, innovation management or an NPI role
* Experienced in recognising technology-led opportunities, helping to shape breakthrough products and bring them to market.
* Committed to providing top quality advice to address the needs of clients
* A track record in developing client relationships, recognising potential and selling significant projects
* Highly effective communicator with the ability to write, present and facilitate workshops
* Able to communicate the company's technical capabilities to C-level executives in 'layman's terms'
* Excellent team working skills and be able to build and maintain new relationships
* Ability to steer projects, but also on occasion lead them as a project manager
* Flexibility, energy and a constructive approach to challenges
* A positive attitude and maintain a policy of openness
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31734 ]