Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced technical consultant to join a successful team of a Cambridge based company to grow their Defence and Security business, particularly with the UK Government. You will have a successful track record of delivering technical solutions in this sector (working client side or as a supplier) and will have experience developing custom work programmes in response to specific client needs.
You will be responsible for defining work programmes and developing the commercial approach to bids. You will be expected to work on your own initiative and over time to develop your own line of business.
* In time you will be responsible for all aspects of business development for an area of the UK Government Defence and Security market, working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff
* Identify key individuals within client organisations that are potential clients
* Identify sales opportunities, work with and guide our technical teams to maximize sales conversion
* Personally, close sales
* Develop strong commercial relationships with key individuals within client and potential client organisations to enable further sales opportunities
* Maintain and build a deep domain knowledge
* Interact with teams across the whole company in order to bring the best technology to clients to solve their problems
* You will also use your strong technical and design skills to help communicate what the company can deliver to potential clients. Your background skills will also help you to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects, often working on more than one concurrently.
* Whilst this position is based in Cambridge, there will be significant travel in the UK.
* An excellent first degree or PhD in a technical or science discipline
* Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and complex problems
* A commercial understanding of what's valuable to clients
* Good communication skills
* Significant experience in an R&D or design role
* Detailed domain knowledge
Previous experience of working within a consultancy, government agency or other 'fee for service' organisation would be an advantage.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures.
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31033 ]