Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Quality Inspector for a company based just outside Cambridge to take responsibility for the inspection of both company products and components and sub-assemblies delivered.
You will have experience in a similar role within the electronic industry and be computer literate with excellent communication skills.
* Provide assurance that goods prepared for delivery to customers are in compliance with all applicable customer and internal specifications
* Provide assurance that components and sub-assemblies delivered for incorporation into finished products are in compliance with relevant specifications
* Perform the inspection on components, parts and / or products as prescribed by applicable specifications, technical data requirements, and instructions
* Provide internal statistical and written reports on levels of conformance to requirements and root cause analysis.
* Assist in the implementation of corrective and preventive actions arising from any identified non-conformances during inspection activities
* Inspect various composite and fabricated parts, and micro electronic circuit assemblies
* Communicate nonconforming results to Head of Stores / Quality Manager and relevant department heads
* Experience in a similar role in an electronics or manufacturing environment
* GCSE English and Mathematics Grade C or better
* Relevant engineering or technical qualification at A level or equivalent
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word for the purposes of data analysis and reporting
* Familiar with the use and purpose of ERP systems, Epicor preferred
* Attention to detail and ability to follow specifications and technical drawings
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely across functions and levels
* Familiarity with AQL inspection procedures and tools, including implementation of switching rules for skip lot and reduced inspection
* Able to work independently and prioritise own work load
* Ability to interpret ambiguous or unclear requirements based on experience and good practice into workable solutions
[ Cambridge, Salary to: £22,000 | vacancy reference : 31015 ]