Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced workshop Principal Technician (Machinist) to work in the laboratory of a Cambridge based client.
You will be expected to be hands on in the laboratory and, as a senior member of the team should be capable of delivering highly specialised technical support. Experience and expertise is required in mechanical assembly of experimental apparatus along with experience in CNC machinery, CAD and CAD/CAM software.
* Manufacture and preparation of specimens and carry out experiments
* Setting up equipment and experiments
* Collate and analyse results
* Development of methods of testing
* Laboratory co-ordination
* At least HNC/ Degree level qualification or gained experience and specialist knowledge through a period of practical experience and theoretical training.
* Knowledge of the relevant regulations and practice would be required, along with specialist expertise related to the Laboratory.
* Ability to work to a high degree of precision and accuracy in the manufacture of mechanical parts.
* Good IT skills
* Project management
* Excellent communication skills to enable clear explanation of technical issues and processes.
* Good communication skills to enable explanation of and instruction in technical issues and processes to all levels.
* Ability to work to instructions, take ownership of a job, solve any problems that may arise and deliver completed work.
* Interest in Engineering; initiative and enthusiasm in the subject
* Experience in providing training to groups and on a one-to-one basis.
* Experience of staff supervision.
* Experience of managing budgets
This is initially for a 3 year appointment.
[ Cambridge,, Salary range: £28,000 to 33,500 | vacancy reference : 30853 ]