Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We have an excellent opportunity for an individual with proven success in developing business in the Clinical Diagnostics or Life Science sector. The role combines passion for product development and technology with a deep understanding of the Diagnostics market place.
You will be responsible for:
* Identifying and building relationships with new clients and enhancing the relationship with existing clients.
* Building a substantial fee-for-service design and development business in the Clinical Diagnostics / Life Science Device sector
* Working with world-class technologists to define projects, develop proposals and respond to RFP's etc.
* Monitoring trends in the Diagnostics market and contributing to developing the strategy and focus for future business
Working with the Head of Business Development you will be expected to deliver against agreed revenue targets (either from new or existing clients) and to participate in events, marketing campaigns and other activities promoting the company and securing more business.
With responsibility for supporting all aspects of Business Development within Clinical Diagnostics, you will:
* Prospect and identify companies that are potential clients for the company
* Develop strong commercial relationships with senior executives in potential client companies
* Personally identify, manage and close substantial sales
* Work with technical teams to maximize sales conversion
* Present and exhibit at events globally
* Feed back market information to the technical teams to support product and service development
* Interact with other teams across the company:
You will also use your strong commercial and technical skills to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects, often working on more than one concurrently. You will be expected to be able to work both individually and as part of a team.
Whilst this position will be based in Cambridge, the successful applicant will need to support business on a global basis. Therefore regular domestic and international travel will be required.
* Proven success in developing business in the Clinical Diagnostics or Life Science sector with substantial contract values
* Able to work independently to identify the sales opportunity but also able to build a delivery team around them to win the sale
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Able to take complex technical solutions and present them to non-technical commercial buyers
* Bachelor's degree in life sciences, physical sciences or a relevant engineering discipline
The following would be an advantage:
Working in a similar role
Product management experience
Has developed a diagnostics platform with an external product design consultancy
Molecular Diagnostics, Point of Care diagnostics and Liquid biopsy
Oncology, infectious diseases, Ophthalmic Diagnostics
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 30456 ]