We are looking for a Graphic Designer- User Interface (UI) to join the UI team of a Cambridge based company. You will be working across a range of projects.
This role is suitable for a recent Graduate/ Junior or a more experienced Graphic Designer- we are looking for the right person with a strong, diverse portfolio.
* Create and iterate on UI style guides
* Apply style guides to wireframe UI
* Create bespoke UI
* Create art assets (e.g. Icons)
* Collaborate with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to produce features and assets
* Request and take on board feedback/critique from leads/art directors to continuously improve your work
* Good graphic design skills and experience (e.g. iconography, layout and typography)
* Interest in and up to date knowledge of current trends in visual communication
* Knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.)
* A degree in a relevant subject, motion graphics knowledge and a passion for computer games are desirable
* Ability and willingness to collaborate pro-actively within the team and cross-functionally
* You will have a strong focus on and act as a champion for the player experience and how UI can add value to this
* Excellent communication skills.
* Outstanding work ethic-self motivated, hard working and enthusiastic
* Ability to give and receive constructive criticism with a view to continuously improving your work and that of the team
Portfolio to include the following:
* Focus on UI and Graphic Design
* Polished layouts and compositions
* Typeface selection and pairing
* Other kinds of graphic design, e.g. print, illustration (optional)
* Motion design (optional)
[ Cambridge,, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 30453 ]