A growing company based on Cambridge Science Park are looking for a Procurement Manager. We're looking for an individual who can apply their sourcing skills to manage a broad range of categories/contracts with a particular emphasis on Marketing and IT/Telecoms (the two highest spend areas). You'll support and develop the direction of the company's operations, ensuring that the sourcing strategy correlates with overall business initiatives and that major projects have a platform for continuous cost reduction together with improvements in quality, service and on time delivery.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Take ownership for and implement an agreed purchasing strategy; developing, extending and changing it as necessary; and seeking approval/commitment from the management team and business budget holders as appropriate
* Ensure that commercial and contractual relationships and frameworks are created and adhered to
* Focus sourcing activity on the areas of most value to the business in terms of spend and service provision
* Manage the commercial aspects of the relationship with key category suppliers and define the KPIs for supplier interactions with the Business Managers and their teams
* Re-negotiate contracts where necessary in line with the strategic sourcing methodology and the support of legal
* Understand and assess the business requirement so as to flex the speed of response of authorisation and supplier response to meet the needs of the situation
* Plan and communicate with other senior managers to ensure that the Purchasing strategy, approach and process is understood, agreed and complied with
* Work jointly with the nominated Budget Holders to plan and forecast future buying requirements
* Ensure agreed savings targets are delivered and customer satisfaction requirements are met
* Use appropriate risk management techniques to support the broader purchasing strategy
* Work collaboratively with Finance and other business departments to implement a new improved strategic sourcing process and optimisation of the transactional procurement processes
* Keep abreast of new and innovative approaches in purchasing and, where appropriate, make recommendations for new initiatives and concepts.
What We're Looking For:
* Experience using ERP/Purchasing systems
* Experience of strategic sourcing
* A track record of achieving cost savings and improvements in customer service
* Experience of both product and services buying together with a strong emphasis on risk management through negotiation of the appropriate contract terms and conditions.
* Comfortable working in an environment of fast growth and that is open to change
* Ability to adapt quickly to new projects and deadlines
* Confident in communicating with colleagues at all level including Exec
* Highly numerate
* A strong negotiator who works with and develops suppliers to meet customer requirements.
* Ability to deliver innovative solutions to complex Purchasing challenges
* Ability to work in a logical and thorough way
* A significant track record in innovative and robust purchasing in a fast moving and demanding environment.
* Previous IT category purchasing experience
* Degree qualified
* CIPS qualified or working towards qualification
* Experience purchasing in the Marketing sector
* People management experience.
[ Cambridge, , Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 30452 ]