We are recruiting for a Development Scientist, for a client based in Royston, initially for a 6 month period.
In this role you will provide biological and chemical engineering input to a multidisciplinary team to solve a range of diverse engineering challenges. As a member of the team understanding the biological challenges, you will be involved with providing expert input into the selection of appropriate engineering approaches as well as representing the position of an end-user. Much of the work will be focused around small-scale stirred tank reactors and associated systems. Initially on a day-to day basis you will be developing and executing experimental test plans and reviewing the results of these with other members of the team and presenting data at a range of levels in the organisation.
* Experiment planning (the design of new experiments and test procedures), experiment execution and analysis of results
* Sourcing and preparation of materials for testing new technologies and automated systems
* Execution of microbial and mammalian cultures and biological/biochemical based assays
* Preparation of data and reports
* Participation in design reviews with peers and others
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
* PhD/ EngD, MSc, or Degree level qualification plus equivalent experience in Biochemical Engineering Biology or Chemical Engineering
* Experience of good aseptic laboratory technique and either mammalian or microbial culture
* Experience with stirred tank or other forms of bioreactor is preferred
(ideally you will have gained this experience in an industrial or academic laboratory).
*You should have a good understanding of the bioprocessing industry.
* High level of general scientific technique and laboratory competence.
* Experienced in planning and execution of experiments and delivering data and conclusions for
group review, ideally as part of a project team environment or within an academic environment
with regular presentation & peer review programmes.
* Mammalian cell or micro-organism culture
* Ability to analyse complex technical data
* Ability to plan project work and meet deadlines
* Effective and efficient preparation and delivery of appropriate level technical reports, manuals, presentations
* Capability to take ownership of and responsibility for project activities
* Creative thinking
* Logical problem solving and analytical skills
* Experience of bioreactor operation
* Experience of product engineering documentation
* Instrumentation development experience
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Hourly rate: £neg. | vacancy reference : 30449 ]