Our Cambridge based client is looking for a Business Development Manager to drive forward their Personal Care division.
You will be primarily focused on the personal care sector, but will also be working across other consumer sectors. You will be required to identify and convert new clients and develop existing client accounts.
Daily tasks include planning for a marketing event, pitching to a new contact, presenting a proposal, negotiating a contract, delivering a new project with the team and mapping out next phases across a wide range of possible technology areas.
What you will be doing:
* Work as part of a dynamic team of other business developers, program and technical leads and together present the best and most relevant proposals.
* Remain involved in converted projects to act as the client's voice for the team, be contractually responsible for the delivery of the project, and best position the client for follow-on work and to grow the client account.
* Develop a marketing strategy and thought leadership to enable growth of the personal care sector through building new contacts and demonstrating market relevance
* Work as part of the broader business development team to plan the ways, and how, they can strategically grow the overall business.
* You will be an experienced business development professional who has demonstrated commercial impact and ability to successfully generate and close business.
* Proven ability and track record of success in growing and developing accounts within the Personal Care sector, this could be from cosmetics, skin diagnostics, fragrances or personal hygiene
* Experience working in a technology based product environment and consequent understanding of technology, either software, mechanical design, electronics, and/or physics
* Understanding of, and experience with, regulated product development, and of innovative trends within the Personal Care space
* Professional services experience - either through working for a professional services company, or through engaging with technology/engineering focussed professional services organisations
* Technical background e.g. technical education and/or experience in a technical product development environment
* Connected system experience - ideally you have worked on connected system for monitoring physiological signals, and understands regulated apps
* Consumer sector experience: has understanding of consumer brands, creating products consumers buy and consumer engagement & delight
* Contract negotiation experience
* Account management experience
[ Cambridge,, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 30385 ]