Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Our client, a well established start-up, is seeking an excellent all round technician to support the engineers in development, test, rework and assembly. Opportunities may exist on a permanent basis for the right candidate.
The job is to build/debug/repair/modify PCBs and assemblies used in microwave communication products. You will build mechanical and electrical prototypes to order to meet the needs of the engineers and sub-contractors. You will also be able to test board and sub-assemblies using Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), diagnosing faults based on the fault reported and guidance from the engineering team. In addition you will maintain a small stores facility.
You will be able to work from basic instructions and be able to document the changes you make using Microsoft Office software.
* You will be responsible for testing systems and subsystems and providing clear reports.
* Build, modify and re-work existing PCBs and assemblies with fine pitch SMT components and intricate mechanical parts.
* The build of new prototype PCBs and assemblies to assist the engineers in fault diagnosis and test of new product.
* Testing PCBs and assemblies using ATE and use the fault report to diagnose and fix basic faults.
* Build and modify rack based ATE suitable for use in house and by the Far Eastern manufacturing facility.
* Documenting your work using a PC and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel etc), maintaining a log book of changes.
* Managing a small stores facility ensuring that it is keep clean and tidy and minimum stock levels are maintained.
* Ordering goods from suppliers using a credit card.
Skills & Experience required:
* Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are important
* Proven history of build and re-work of fine SMT parts.
* Practical experience building electrical/mechanical test fixtures or ATE with only outline guidance from the engineering team.
* Practical experience of debugging electronics boards.
* Familiarity with using hand and power tools.
* Familiar with electrical safety for the build of mains powered test equipment.
Ideally you will also have some experience in:
* RF assembly build and test
* Electronics design (circuit and layout)
* Current valid driving licence
[ Cambridge,, Hourly rate: £10.00 | vacancy reference : 30226 ]